Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Chicken
Yes…salads can be delicious! Recipe courtesy of Foodie Crush
Lunch or dinner
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
- 6-8 large strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 3-4 thinly sliced rings of red onion
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Whisk the extra virgin olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, sugar, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl until blended.
Place the chicken breasts in a shallow bowl and cover with half of the dressing, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Spray a grill pan or 12-inch non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat to medium high. Place the chicken breasts on the hot grill pan. Cook for 3 minutes then flip the chicken breasts. Cook for another 3 minutes, and turn. Reduce the cooking temperature to medium low and cook the chicken for 20-25 minutes more, turning every 5 minutes or so. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken, but it will be done when it hits 165 degrees internal temperature. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes then slice into ¼ inch slices.
Arrange the spinach, strawberries and red onion in a bowl. Lightly toss with the remaining dressing. Add the avocado, sliced chicken and top with feta and almond slices. Serve immediately.
Ready For A Restart?
This cleansing and fat burning “starter pak” is ideal for individuals who want to lose weight using a long-term, flexible program. The system is a groundbreaking path to healthy weight loss and is also designed to help support the body’s natural detoxification systems.*
• Experience consistent weight loss
• Satisfy cravings for unhealthy food
• Improve muscle tone
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.